Saturday, August 15, 2015

interview w serina of serinaland

I recently met up with Serina of Serinaland, and we walked around taking photos for an afternoon. It was a great way to relax before school starts on Monday, and it's always fun hanging out with fellow bloggers - we're the only ones who understand the high expectations for photos!


How would you describe your style?
Sometimes boho. Sometimes I like to dress preppy, it depends on my mood.



What's your go to outfit?
Loose shorts and a tank top.

What are your favorite places to shop?
Topshop, Brandy Melville because I'm really small and their clothes fit me, Nordstrom, Asos, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Urban Outfitters.


What are your top 3 must haves?
A statement necklace, Chapstick, and heels.

What are your tips for getting good deals?
I get email subscriptions so whenever i see "70% off clearance", I go straight to the store. Thrift shopping is nice for basics; I go to Goodwill a lot.


What's your least favorite clothing item?
I don't like leg warmers or Crocs. Sorry! Or socks with sandals. And bucket hats.

What's your favorite thing about yourself?
My creativity.


What's your favorite place you've been to?
There are lots. I would say New York, it has a really nice vibe. The people there, everything really. I like visiting, I don't know if I'd be able to live there because it's very hectic and there are lots of things going on. I'd probably get overwhelmed from city life.

What do you hope to do as a career?
My parents want me to go into the medical field, but I have no idea. If I could make it into the fashion world, I'd like to be a designer, that seems fun. But realistically, I'd probably become an orthodontist.


What's your advice for people trying to find their style and look put together?
You can never go wrong with classic looks, so you can look at Audrey Hepburn for inspiration, I really like her fashion sense. I like Gigi Hadid's style as well, so what I do is I Google her style, and that gives me inspiration.


On a side note, I'm really really happy with how my photos have been turning out lately. I don't go out to shoot as often, but when I do, I've finally been able to get those photos I see professional bloggers taking. Mostly due to the help of Lightroom presets (thank god I discovered those)!

How has your summer been? What's your go to outfit? Where do you get inspiration for what to wear? Least favorite clothing item? Last of all, if you know of any free Lightroom presets, please let me know!

Don't forget to check out Serina's blog! You can also see more of my photos here (including some I took with Jennifer from Art In Our Blood!)

xx

Angelina

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment