Wednesday, December 9, 2015

5 things I don't regret doing

First off, the elephant in the room, a new hair color! I've been talking about it on the blog for ages, and yesterday I added a photo on Instagram. In keeping with the theme of "things my kids will use as excuses to get away with things bc of my 'rebellious childhood'", 5 things I don't regret doing (other than dying my hair).

Starting a blog
When I was younger, I had a blog, but it is so embarrassing I can't even link to it. Surprisingly, it still gets page views today, if you Google a ridiculous question, it's the 3rd result on the first page

My blog now is a lot more professional, but I hope I've maintained a bit of the spontaneity and honesty I had in my younger self. I've always wanted my blog to be a place for me to share my thoughts and address issues I never saw traditional style bloggers talking about. Plus, I've met so many amazing people!


Sharing my feelings
Whether it be romantic or otherwise, I've always felt better after telling the other party how I felt. It was just about the hardest thing I'd done the first time, but it gets easier with practice, and I don't feel as though it's a huge deal now. 

With that being said, sometimes I still struggle with not making rash decisions and pushing people to see from my point of view. Every time I got into an argument with my dad, he liked to say, "And that's why you should be a lawyer, you like arguing."


Wearing: Zara white top (similar), Nordstrom necklace (similar).

Selling my old clothes
I love fashion and clothes. Getting dressed is never a chore for me, and my motto is to always dress like I'm going to meet my ex. Murphy's Law right?

My constant shopping habits means that my closet is overflowing the majority of the time, and in order to create funds for more clothes academics and food, I sell my old ones (psst: shop my closet here!). Sometimes I still hang on to things for silly or sentimental reasons, but I've started getting a lot better at that. Money speaks right?


Going to a new school
A few years ago, I was absolutely terrified at the idea of going to a school where I didn't know anyone, and where the majority of my classmates would have known each other for ages. I'm really glad I did though, as this gave me an opportunity to reinvent myself (somewhat) and meet new people

I've become much more confident and outgoing, and I don't limit myself to a certain group anymore. It's refreshing, and I like not having to worry about doing everything as one unit. 


Responding to ads on Craiglist
Interacting with strangers in general is scary, especially when the first contact is through the Internet. Predators are a real thing, as I've interacted with a few of them without even knowing, so it's always good to stay on guard at first. Sometimes it doesn't even hit me that anything I put out there could be read by anyone; my family, classmates, or even teachers. 

Over time, I've gotten better with finding ways to protect my identity, and I've been able to take advantage of great opportunities - focus groups, my photography business, and various side gigs. Once I made $100 for 30 mins of talking about fashion and my shopping habits. 


What are some things you don't regret doing? What are things you do regret? How has your December been so far?

xx

Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment