Friday, June 12, 2015

comfy casual outfit + photography adventures

I've finally taken the plunge and upgraded my 18-200mm kit lens! I bought a 50mm 1.4, as well as a 24-105mm L - still not ready to fully commit to a prime. I was so excited, I went out and took pictures with a friends as soon as possible in the comfiest t-shirt dress ever. 



I still can't get used to how amazing the depth of field and blur is! My old lens only went down to about f/4.5, and backgrounds were always a huge part of the picture, but not anymore! 


It was a little chilly when I went out, so I pulled on this burgundy cardigan from Roxy. The knit is super chunky, so it's like wearing this soft blanket while still looking cute. I've worn it nearly everyday since the weather's been going up and down where I live.


One of my favorite parts of this dress is the v back. It doesn't go too low, so I can still wear it during the day, but it steps it up from a plain black dress into something a little more. I wore a white bandeau from Urban Outfitters under it. 


This dress would be perfect for a day out with friends, and it can quickly be turned into a fancier dress with heels and some statement jewelry. It's also simple and understated, so you don't look like you're trying to hard. Best $18 spent at Forever 21!


Quick lazy girl hair tutorial for beachy waves: I always French braid my hair while it's still damp, and let it out the next day for this. Because my hair is pretty dry from aggressive bleaching, it'll last two-three days. Before I bleached, it would usually only last one day. 




I've been wearing these sandals everywhere lately (as you may have noticed!), because they're just insanely comfortable and stylish. The t strap elongates my legs, which I really need being short, and they go with almost everything. At this point, I'm developing a tan!


While walking back, I noticed how the light was illuminating part of the bridge, and it looked like there was a light shining up. Golden hour is definitely my favorite time to shoot - pity it only lasts half an hour. 



I love how the sun colors the bottom of clouds when it's setting - the colors are always so magnificent and pretty to look at. 

BONUS! Some photos of mine I'm really happy with. We found this really nice pedestrian bridge, and because it was so high up, the sun could hit it directly. Whenever I discover amazing places like these, it's been because I wandered around, and actually got off my phone!

I recently discovered the wonders of VSCOCam and I've been using it on almost all my pictures since. It did take me a while to figure out how to import photos though. If anyone has any other suggestions of editing apps, please do let me know! If you'd like to check out my photos, they're here



xx

Angelina

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment