Tuesday, June 23, 2015

dressing classy at the beach

When I was in Paris, I bought this gorgeous midi dress from Zara. They had run out of my size, so I had to go up one, and I didn't get around to altering it until a few days ago - right in time for a beach trip!



I've been trying to wear less "cringey" pieces (denim shorts and cotton leggings from middle school anyone?), and more classic ones that I'll be able to still wear in 5 years. I love how this dress can be dressed up and down for any event. 

Bonus - it's really loose, so I can eat as much as I want without worrying about popping any buttons. Almost as good as dresses with pockets!


Cries a little bit at my roots. I've been meaning to redye them forever, but I can't help wondering if I'll mess it up and have a slightly different color at the bottoms. You can read about how I got this hair here




I've never had a dress with material like this one, it was a little stiffer, and didn't stick to my body which was great (more chips to eat!!).

Body image has always been an issue for me, and I feel like I'm pretty close to accepting myself, but there's still so far to go. I feel like a lot of focus is on realizing that models in magazines aren't real, and I've always known that, for me, it's more that many of the people I interact with at school, who are definitely real, have the ideal body shape that I don't.

We were basically the only people at the beach, which is always nice because your backgrounds are so much cleaner. Also less people staring! We always get a few older men who will point blank stare - it's really uncomfortable, and sometimes I worry about safety. I wish we didn't have things like that to be concerned with. 

All in all, it was a great trip, and I'm very happy with how the photos turned out. We actually took a ton of different outfits in one trip, so stay tuned for the rest of them (edit: you can see a more casual take here, and read about my musings on friendship here)! 

p.s. if you haven't seen it already, our video!


xx

Angelina

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment